Our Mission: Pacific Science Center ignites curiosity in every child and fuels a passion for discovery, experimentation, and critical thinking in all of us.
We bring science to life. Our award-winning, interactive programs reach more than 1.1 million people each year – in their communities, classrooms, and on our campus.
Our Guiding Principles
- Delight our guests – We offer warm hospitality and highly-engaging interactive experiences. People of all ages and levels of science sophistication find their time with us entertaining, enriching, and memorable. Our guests recommend us and seek to visit often.
- Model science as a process – We show that science is a boundless and timeless process of inquiry, discovery, and problem solving. We inspire people to ask questions, develop hypotheses, conduct experiments, and evaluate evidence in all aspects of their lives.
- Embrace experimentation and innovation – Experiments and innovation are central to the experiences we provide and the work we do. We also demonstrate that failure is a key ingredient of progress.
- Enable access for all – Our facilities, programs, experiences and the benefits they provide are accessible to people of all backgrounds and financial, social, physical, and intellectual abilities.
- Support educators and education – We support high-impact science education, focusing on PreK-12.
- Serve as a community laboratory and living room – The community gathers at Pacific Science Center to discuss, debate, and collaborate on opportunities and challenges in which science and technology play roles. People come here to learn about and celebrate scientific and technological achievement. We pay special attention to the issues relevant to our city and region.
- Run a smart and responsible business – We invest to sustain and grow our long-term impact. Our work attracts investment from public and private sources. We are leaders in socially and ecologically responsible behavior.
- Expect and nurture excellence in our people – We attract, develop, and retain exceptionally talented people who believe deeply in our mission and who reflect the community we aim to serve. We expect excellence, and we inspect what we expect. Our culture is collaborative, creative, joyful, and fun.